Because I don't use preservatives in my cookies, they are best eaten within a few days of baking. Ask me about those that have a longer shelf life.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Double Chocolate Biscotti

I love biscotti.  My favorites are the traditional Italian biscotti; those are the ones that are hard as a rock, because they are meant to be dunked in coffee, milk, or wine.  My all-time favorite is my cranberry-hazelnut biscotti.  And everyone I've ever gifted it to has loved it too.  I get lots of requests.  It's just perfect with that morning cup of coffee.

I know that there are many chocoholics out there, and I wanted to appeal to them too.  Besides, chocolate is a wonderful complement to coffee -- mocha anyone?  Keeping with the hard Italian type, I created a chocolate biscotti and opted to beef it up with some dark chocolate chips.  Now I can have my chocolate cookie AND coffee!



For the record, I do make American style biscotti too, the kind that won't break your teeth.  But they tend to disintegrate if you dunk them, and where's the fun in that?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment