Because I don't use preservatives in my cookies, they are best eaten within a few days of baking. Ask me about those that have a longer shelf life.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It's a Dream

Chocolate Air Power Dream, that is!

When my husband taught Air Force ROTC at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University at Daytona Beach, Florida, I used to play mom to the 300+ cadets.  That included baking them cookies every week.  They would devour all the goodies I brought in.  They always asked me for these morsels of comfort food to remind them of home.

I was asked to help with one of their many fundraisers.  So I created a new cookie, and they held a contest to name this cookie.  There were many entries, but the winner was Chocolate Air Power Dreams.  After that, I baked this cookie for them quite often, and they always disappeared within a couple of hours. 


Nowadays, when I bake some Dreams, I always think fondly of all my 'kids' and miss them terribly.  By now, most are promising Lieutenants in the U.S. Air Force. 

Happy munching!

No comments:

Post a Comment