Because I don't use preservatives in my cookies, they are best eaten within a few days of baking. Ask me about those that have a longer shelf life.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Memories of Hawai'i, and so on....

My husband took me to Hawai'i after his deployment.  We relaxed and enjoyed the beauty of the island of Kauai.  There, we ate our fair share of fresh fishes, coffee, cane sugar, chocolate, pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts.  It was pure bliss.

Macadamia nuts are buttery and meaty.  They pair so well with chewy, sweet coconut and everything benefits from pure vanilla.  I took these flavors and created my Island cookie.  A brown sugar cookie base holds the nuts, coconut and vanilla chips.  It always brings back my Hawai'i memories.  You should experience the island life too.  $8 for one dozen.



In remembering this buttery nut, I also am partial to buttery shortbread cookies.  I decided to toss some Russian Tea Cakes in the oven too.  Also known as Mexican Wedding Cookies, these balls of yummy-ness contain chopped pecans and are rolled in powdered sugar.  You can't eat just one.  And they go so well with tea or coffee!  Grab some for your morning coffee.  $4 for 6 pieces.



I'll be in the DelRay Tower concierge lobby from 6-7pm tonight.  See you there!

Happy Munching!

No comments:

Post a Comment