Because I don't use preservatives in my cookies, they are best eaten within a few days of baking. Ask me about those that have a longer shelf life.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Fresh out of the oven

HOT Brookies
Brookies are my brownie cookies.  I usually make them pretty big, a several-biter cookie.  But these are just so rich and loaded with chocolate, sometimes I wonder if it's chocolate overload.  (Of course, if you're a chocoholic, is there a such thing as overload?)  Anyway, today I decided to make them a little smaller, like one or two-bite size.  The whole house smells like a chocolate factory while these are baking.  An unforeseen issue; since it's basically melted chocolate holding the nuts and chocolate together, my little cookies don't have much batter to allow for spread.  That explains the slightly wonky shapes.  I should have remembered a lesson I had learned a while ago when I tried to shrink another cookie that had big chunks; I need to chop the chunks a little smaller to allow for a more even dispersion.  Ah well.  For today, we have chocolate and nuts in their funny shapes that make them look all the more homemade.  They still taste amazing, so who cares what it looks like -- especially if you're a chocoholic!  I think the more important issue is -- how many can I eat while they are still piping hot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment