Because I don't use preservatives in my cookies, they are best eaten within a few days of baking. Ask me about those that have a longer shelf life.

Friday, September 4, 2015

Mmm, macadamia!

Today is National Macadamia Nut Day.
I love macadamia nuts.  When I went to Hawai'i, I bought bags of them to snack on.  Rich and buttery, I tried several of the flavors too.  My faves are the coffee glazed and just plain.  Apparently, they're full of complex B vitamins.  And they're originally from Australia. I didn't know that.

Macadamia nuts are also popular in cookies, specifically with white chocolate. I took it a step further by adding coconut and creating my Island Cookies, in memory of my Hawaiian visit.  Even folks who say they don't like coconut have drooled over these.  The chunks of macadamia really showcase here with their delectable crunch and flavor.  I've just convinced myself to go buy some macadamia nuts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment