Because I don't use preservatives in my cookies, they are best eaten within a few days of baking. Ask me about those that have a longer shelf life.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

The first of the Valentine showcase

Today I started my Valentine cookie display.  I started with a Red Velvet Cookie.


Silky chocolate cake-like cookie with some chocolate chips here and there, topped with a cream cheese frosting.  Very pretty cookies and they taste just as good as they look.

I love red velvet cake, so these cookies were definitely near the top of my list to make for Valentine's Day.  I ran out of red food coloring, so they aren't quite as red as you would expect.  But it's just coloring anyway.  It doesn't change the flavor.  Makes me wonder why it was ever colored red in the first place.  Sounds like a topic for me to research.  Regardless, red cookies made sense for the upcoming holiday.

$10 per dozen Red Velvet cookies

I printed up a flyer with pictures, descriptions, prices and an order form to fill out for all the Valentine's Day themed cookies that I'm doing.  I left it with today's free samples at the concierge desk at DelRay Tower.

Check back soon to see what other samples I'm displaying at the concierge desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment